Friday, January 12, 2007

Yesterday and tomorrow... so help us God

Yesterday, my husband stood in front of a roomful of family, friends and military members and swore his life to Queen and country.

The Husband is now Naval Cadet C. Husband.

He leaves tomorrow for basic training.

The swearing-in ceremony was simple, yet powerful. When C. said "so help me God" with his hand on the Bible, I could see in his eyes that he meant it to the bottom of his being. Only two utterances ever meant more: his wedding vows and the Nicene Creed.

Once I find a picture, I'll post it. I was too busy watching three children to take pics.

So tomorrow, we say goodbye. He goes onto his great adventure. He begins laying the foundation for our new life in Victoria. I'm happy and excited and frightened and nervous.

We haven't been apart longer than a month since we were married six years ago. The longest I've been alone with all three children is a week.

So help me God!

No comments: