Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Day 11: Bedtime triumph

I should be folding a mountain of laundry in my living room right now, but I had to blog this right away before I forgot.

We had a good day!!!!!

No tantrums, no meltdowns, no angry defiance, no major lollygagging. (I only yelled once,and that was before 9 am, so I've decided it doesn't count.)

Alex got his flu shot, we went to a play group and we had a play date in the afternoon. After supper, we played Hungry Hippos and Chutes and Ladders (Little I. won.) Then we cleaned up and had a snack and got ready for bed. We read books, prayed, turned out the light.

Little I. and Baby N. are snoozing. They've been asleep for 20 minutes. A. is gently gliding into dreamland after a second snack and a pee; that boy is always hungry. It is 8:53 pm. This from three children who would stay up past 11 some nights when Daddy was home.

I didn't have to yell or time out once after lights out. Didn't have to tell anyone to get back in bed. Didn't have to swallow my rage as I frog marched a small boy back into his room.

I feel like a new woman, and all because I moved bedtime back an hour. We used to aim to have them in bed by nine, asleep by who knows when. Now I aim for bedtime by eight and sleep by nine. They actually fall asleep quicker at an earlier time. Amazing.

Thanks, St. Monica for favours received!

Okay, I have laundry to fold and adult TV to watch. Hoo-ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!Things are starting to fall into place for you.
Changing their routine seems to have helped.Good for you,Cin.
Extra hugs for you.oooooxxx
Mom

Cin said...

Thanks, Mom.