Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day 12: Maple syrup massacre

No, it wasn't the kids who got massacred. It was the maple syrup bottle.

I dropped the plastic syrup bottle this morning during breakfast and the entire bottom broke off. There was syrup everywhere, including under the fridge. It took over an hour to clean. Yes, I cried.

Surprisingly, the rest of the day went very well. I dropped the boys off at the MFRC for child care for a few hours, then it was lunch and play school drop-off. Little I. slept for two hours this afternoon, yet was sound asleep by 9 pm tonight. I have a book that claims children who go to bed early sleep longer at night and nap better during the day, and that a nap leads to early and good nighttime sleep. I never believed it until this week (but watch, he'll be up at 5 am just to prove me wrong.)

In fact, bedtime wasn't stressful at all and the kids were all asleep by nine.

Sorry if you're looking for a thrilling plot here. After all, I spend my day with small children, who thrive on routine and predictability.

I think I will stop posting every day when I hit two weeks. I'll just hit the highlights after that.

PS. Today is the feast of St. Francis de Sales, patron saint of journalists. St. Francis, pray for all journalists that we may know the truth and be brave enough to tell it.

No comments: