Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Week three, day three: Recovery mode

Baby N. is well on the mend now, although still not completely back to normal. What started as a tummy bug has turned into a cold. Her nose is running like a sieve, and she still has the occasional case of diarrhea. But she is smiling and laughing again, and her fever is gone. Thank God.

I have to be thankful she got sick over a weekend. We had lots of help from people who work during the week. My friend C. came over with fresh supplies of diapers and diet Coke (life-preserving products!) She watched the boys while I showered, too.

Grandma G. took the boys to her house twice that weekend, allowing me to get a bit of sleep.

Thank you so much, and bless you both!

The Hubby called Saturday night. He sounded really down, but said he was NOT going to quit. He got two warnings in two days, and the head games were getting to him. He knows they're supposed to get to him, but knowing and feeling are two different things.

I told him I love him very much, but I didn't want to see him home until the end of April.

I need to vacuum and keep a look-out for the snowplow. My next-door neighbour has a guy coming to plow out both our driveways and take the snowbank away. We're going to split the cost.

No comments: