Sunday, February 11, 2007

One full calendar month: Clean bathroom

I am the owner of a shiny clean bathroom. It does not have toothpaste smeared on the sink or hairspray on the mirror. There are no stray hairs on the floor. I am so happy I could dance.

I decided I needed a change from folding freakin' laundry every night after the kids go to bed. That and it was so gross in there I was avoiding going to the toilet. After all, it hadn't been fully cleaned since the Hubby left. (YES MOM, I scrubbed the tub down after the poop incident. And I've been spot-cleaning the sink.)

A. and I had a good day today. He behaved very well at church, at home and at Grandma G.'s. It was nice to have a mental break from the War of the Oldest Child.

The Husband called today. He had the day off, so we got to talk for a full hour. He's having a rough time. His main superior has decided to scapegoat him. Basically, everything C. does is wrong. No one gets treated worse. His master corporal met with him at the end of week four and tried to guilt him out, and C. basically told him he was giving 120 per cent, and if that wasn't enough, then kick him out.

He's still in. And his attitude now is he can only do his very best. If that's not enough, it's not enough.

I think that is a great attitude. I know he'll make it through.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

{hug}

Keep the faith, my dear. Both you and C. are strong enough to get through anything :-) Next time you talk to him, tell him that M. & I are thinking of you both, and the kids, while we all go through this time of upheaval.

E.

P.S. I'll give you a call once I'm settled, and once M. arrives at his destination. xoxo