Wednesday, February 28, 2007

M2 W3 D5: Weight Watching

That's it. I've had enough of being fat. I've joined Weight Watchers.

I suppose an explanation is in order. First off, you need to know the background. I was a thin child and a thin teenager. I stand about 5'3". In high school, I weighed about 115 to 120 pounds. I wore a size 6 to 8. And I ate and drank whatever I wanted while doing little physical exercise.

Then I went to university. Between Freshman 15, birth control pills (worst idea I EVER had!), overeating and a metabolic change, I put on 50 to 60 pounds in 4 years. It was completely depressing.

After I had A., I lost 30 of those pounds. But they've been steadily creeping back ever since my pregnancy with Little I.. I have no extra weight from the pregnancy with N., since the HG made sure everything I did eventually gain was water and baby and placenta.

On Sunday, the Hubby managed to get to a computer with a webcam at basic training. Let me tell you, he looks HOT! He hasn't looked this ripped and lean since high school. (I know exactly what he looked like in high school because we started dating at 17.) GO, HUBBY, GO!

I, however, do not look anything like I did in high school. I know I never will: three pregnancies and three rounds of breastfeeding in five years have an undeniable impact on the body. Heck, even the Cesarean scar is going to affect how I carry weight around my middle for the rest of my life. I'm never going to be a teenager again, nor would I trade my kiddos for the chance.

But I want to look better than I do now. I want to look like me again. I want to be able to find clothes that fit. I want to feel strong and healthy and in control of my eating habits. I want to fit into my "skinny jeans" I bought after I shed all that weight with A!

Two days in, and I'm doing all right. I don't feel deprived. I'm allowed the occasional indulgence. And I'm learning a lot about portion control.

Maybe Hot Hubby will come home to Somewhat Hot Wife. (NB: The Hubby loves me just the way I am, and I know it. Heck, he loves my body best when I'm pregnant! This is for me.)

PS. The doctor says my infection is gone. Here's hoping she's right.

No comments: