Tuesday, February 20, 2007

M2 W2 D4: Happy Birthday to me!

Tomorrow I will be 30 years old. Since my birthday falls on Ash Wednesday this year (gosh, bad timing or what?) my girlfriends took me to dinner tonight. (Stacer, I had Dai Ching!) Then we went to D.'s place and had cake. That's two birthday cakes baked by D. in two years.

I thank God that I had a better birthday this year than last; last year I was receiving IV fluids and praying my baby and I would live through my pregnancy.

So in 30 years, I have achieved the following:
  • being born on Cape Breton Island;
  • a high school diploma, graduating #1 in my class;
  • a university degree, graduating magna cum laude, in the top ten of my program;
  • being found by Christ (the most important thing in this list, by the way);
  • landing a job with Big Crown Corp;
  • marrying my high school sweetheart;
  • winning a national reporting award;
  • giving birth to three wonderful, beautiful children;
  • surviving hyperemesis gravidarum;
  • holding one baby in my womb for ten weeks, before she joined the angels and saints;
  • making wonderful friends and enjoying wonderful family.

What a completely blessed and fortunate life!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Happy birthday!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!