Saturday, March 31, 2007

M3 W4 D1: Spoke too soon

The Hubby called last night. And the news is not great.

His posting is restricted. That means he goes to Esquimalt alone on April 27th. He will then meet with his commanding officer and start to work out the family's move.

That means I will be alone in Yellowknife for even longer than originally expected.

At first, I was nonchalant. Heck, what's another few weeks?

Then it started to sink in. I have been operating with an attainable goal. That goal is now out the window.

I've been a mess ever since. I had a screaming, bawling breakdown in the front porch today as I tried to chivvy Little I. into mittens. I just can't DO this anymore. I can't, I can't.

And yet I have to, so I will. There is no way out now. I have to keep going. Necessity is my only motivation now.

In more amusing news.... I took the boys to a movie today: Meet the Robinsons. It was rated G and looked pleasant.

The boys were terrified after the first ten minutes. Little I. was shaking. A. was almost yelling, "Let's go home!!!!!"

We sat in the lobby and finished our treats. The boys seemed to enjoy the outing based on the fact they ate popcorn and M&M's in public.

Congrats to my best friend E. on finishing her PhD thesis and handing it in yesterday. Hooray and way to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one hit me like a ton of bricks.
I have had those moments when your sanity and patience just slip a little bit out of reach for a fleeting moment. Oddly enough, they also tend to happen while trying to pack ALL the kids into winter gear. Winter sucks!

I feel for you, I really do. I CANNOT imagine being a single mommy to three kids in winter for as long as you have. I find it hard to make it through until bedtime with a husband around!

You are holding up like a rockstar!
Go Cin Go!

Cin said...

Thanks, Amy.

I will call about coffee -- just let me get through Holy Week. Crazy busy time for the uber-Catholic within!