Saturday, March 17, 2007

M3 W2 D1: A visit to His Majesty

Every year, a man named Tony Foliot (who calls himself Yellowknife's "local colour") rallies a small army of volunteers and builds a castle of ice and snow out of Great Slave Lake. From the moment the castle opens to the public, however, he is no longer Tony. He must be addressed and His Majesty the SnowKing. (I love this guy. He's a hoot.)
I took the boys to the Ice Castle this afternoon, while Baby N. snoozed away at Grandma G.'s. While I didn't get any photos of the ice castle in full, I got some great ones of A. and I. playing with A.'s schoolmate M. (M.'s parents, by the way, are wonderful people who help me out whenever we bump into them in public. The last time was at A.'s play school pool party. M.'s dad P. played with Little I. for half an hour straight while A. and I lounged in the hot tub. Thanks, P.!)
Look at the posts below for pics.

1 comment:

Hadeel said...

cindy! i'm so glad you left me a comment. i'm not coming home for a while (at least the end of the year), but i'm still filing as much as i can for the ceeb. your baby is sooooo beutiful! may God bless your family and keep them strong. what's this about being a navy wife!! i leave for a few months and you become a stay at home in the arctic!?? i need an update my friend!

kisses.