Saturday, March 03, 2007

M2 W4 D1: A period of calm

Things seem to be on an even keel around here for a change. The children are behaving much better than last week (especially last weekend, when A. threw a giant tantrum at a friend's house).

The boys are asleep by 8:30 every night, and up at 6:30 every morning. The early rise is tiring but it's worth it. I enjoy having a few hours to myself in the evenings. It helps me unwind, even when I'm doing chores.

Baby N. is learning all sorts of new things lately. She can clap her hands, and has started to creep forwards rather than backwards. She is also starting to try to get up on her hands and knees. I have video of that; I will post it shortly.

My diet is going well, too. I weighed myself yesterday morning after I dreamed I had gained weight (couldn't resist some reassurance after that!) I had already lost 3.5 pounds. My official "weigh-in" is on Monday morning. I often find I'm hungry, but I am eating very balanced meals. I think the hunger is due to my stomach not having shrunk yet. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

I'm totally addicted to the online Points Tracker at Weight Watchers. It's like a new toy! Some things I've learned:
  • McDonald's food is NOT worth the points. I have 32 points in a day. A McDonald's hamburger cost me 5 the other day. A Big Mac would cost 12! A medium fries is 10! That's most of a day's worth of calories. And you're hungry an hour later. No thanks.
  • Every type of lettuce costs 0 points. I'm eating lots of lettuce.
  • I was eating enormous portions at every meal and every time I had a 16 oz. glass of milk. No wonder I couldn't lose weight.
  • You get to eat more if you exercise. So I'm going to go do my Pilates video.

Eight weeks until The Hubby finishes his training. Almost halfway there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the Weight Watchers - its the only way to go. I lost 9 pounds until I fell of the wagon when my Mother-in-Law came to visit. I start again Monday morning! Keep up the good work.
M.

Cin said...

Thanks, M.

I just did my work-out video for the first time in almost three months. Forgot how much I enjoyed it!

PS. Keep an eye on www.drphil.com. They did a whole show on HG, taped it this week. Many of my online friends were there. It will be airing sometime in March.