Sunday, March 25, 2007

M3 W3 D2: Random weekend musings

  • I took A. and Little I. to Caribou Carnival this weekend, and forgot my camera. But it was all right, since: a. Little I. slept in the Chariot the entire time, waking only for cotton candy; b. there was NOTHING to do for kids this year (no children's area); and c. I was much too busy eating le tire d'erable (maple sugar taffy) to take pictures.
  • My fourth weigh-in for Weight Watchers is tomorrow. My last weigh-in was 152 lbs. That's 11 pounds gone. But I had an extremely bad WW week, so I'm simply hoping I maintain my weight. Having sick kids pushed me right back into some of my old eating habits. I'm just gonna dust myself off and keep trying.
  • I have a confession. I have been secretly reading a blog of another Yellowknife mom for quite some time. I just wanted to say, Other Mom, that I know you read here because you've linked to me (thanks!), and I think you're a funny and perceptive writer. I think we share the same sense of humour. We should do coffee sometime, if we can find some time away from our combo of six kids. More mom friends are good.
  • My friend E.'s grandmother fell and broke some bones. Praying types, get out those rosaries! Thanks.

4 comments:

Ellie said...

Thanks, hon {hug}.

They're doing the surgery sometime today - too many belly wounds in the ER last night - but she's comfortable, at least. She loves the attention, we think, and has already charmed all the nurses ;-)

And, don't feel too bad about the WW this week - we all have our days. I, for instance, had a Big you-know-what from McYouKnowWhere for supper last night. Can you say emotional eating?!

love to you, Hubbo, and the kiddos
xo

Megan said...

Other Yellowknife Mom rocks. Can I come along for coffee?

Anonymous said...

Hey other YK mom.
I think you mean me... I think. The clues were, other mom who writes a bog (I do), is linked to your site (I do), together we'd have six kids (you have three, six minus three is three, I have three kids), all signs point to me.

Heck, if you mean me, I'm in.

I'm also in the book. And since I don't know your last name, you'll have to call me (if it is me you are referring to, that is).

Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh. OK. I'm Other YK Mom, not you. Sorry. Wish this comments thingie had an edit feature. Duh! You knew what I meant though. Right?
Ames.