Thursday, April 16, 2009

Isaiah 55:8-9:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Our thoughts: only the physically attractive, those who spend their time thinking about themselves and how they can get ahead, are talented and successful.

God's thoughts: A frumpy, lonely, poor, loving, compassionate middle-aged woman who spent her adult live selflessly caring for her elderly and sick parents has the voice of an angel, and is a commanding presence when she sings.

When I watch this talented and passionate woman sing, every single sacrifice for my family seems insignificant in comparison to her sacrifices for her parents.

Well done, Susan Boyle. Keep singing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Click the link, you will not be disappointed. But I promise you will be surprised.

2 comments:

Amy said...

14 million hits on her videos on youtube as of 9AM this morning... soon she'll be more famous than OBAMA. :) ah, the power of the interwebs.

Karan said...

I've tagged you in a MeMe

Karan

http://www.failedmommy.com/2009/04/another-meme.html