Wednesday, May 16, 2007

M5 W1 D5: Thoughts on my last night alone

I have been alone with my three children for four full months and five days.

Tonight is the last night I will put them to bed on my own in a very long time. The Hubby returns tomorrow.

My feelings are a stew right now, but the stock is certainly gratitude. I'm so grateful to the friends who watched my kids and cooked me meals and cleaned my house. Grateful to my parents for listening to me moan and complain. Grateful to my in-laws (both sets!) who helped me during a tight financial squeeze. And to the staff at the MFRC, who were an unfailing help and support through this, the longest, hardest and most accomplished winter of my parenting life.

To all of you, thank you a million times over. Please give me a chance to return the favour; call me anytime you need a hand.

And thank you, God, for giving all these beautiful people to me as my family and friends.

As for the other feelings floating in that stock? Excitement, certainly, and elation. But also some nervousness and fear. Will we fit back together as a family easily, or will we squabble and fight? How has he changed? How have we? Can I let go? Will the kids be royally ticked off and show it? I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for better; after all, we have a very long drive ahead of us.

If you're the praying type, drop one for us tomorrow, will ya?

2 comments:

Ellie said...

We're so proud of you, hon. And we're praying for your re-integration, and for a safe and peaceful move.
{hug}
E. & M.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hun,
I meant to post this earlier - but well - you know how it is... Congratulations on getting your dates, we are very proud of both of you (all of you). I hope all goes well and you quickly mesh back together into a comfortable easiness.
We'll be thinking of you - remember - I'm only an e-mail away.
Love you,
Misty and the gang