Sunday, May 13, 2007

M5 W1 D2: To my mother

Mom,

Although you are an entire country away, you have been my rock and strength these past two years.

In the midst of your own health concerns and worries, you pulled me through mine.

In the midst of your own concerns this winter, you helped me face four months alone with three small children.

You listened. You let me cry. You gave me encouragement and advice and sometimes a verbal spank.

And you did it all over phone lines and through computer screens.

I have always admired your strength, your fierce will, the way you raised us.

Thank you for my childhood. Thank you for still mothering me as an adult. Thank you for refusing to be my friend, and insisting on being my mother.

I love you very much.

Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Mom's Day!

Anonymous said...

I have received the best presents this Mother's Day.I didn't think anything could be better than the childhood hand prints,recipe holders,and homemade cards.
Neither of them cost a lot of money,but they are both priceless.
Both you and your brother sent me love and admiration,wow,what a gift to receive.I am truly blessed.Love you both,Mom