Wednesday, April 18, 2007

M4 W2 D5: The me underneath

I was having a laundry crisis this morning, something that now happens with regularity since I am too fat for my skinny jeans, but too thin for all my other pants. I finally located a pair of pants that stay up with the aid of a belt but don't look like clown trousers.

I started searching for a clean shirt, soon realizing all I had clean were sweaters too warm for the weather. I opened my closet and started digging. All I could find was a "peek-a-boo" blouse: a blouse that I can button up, but which gapes between the buttonholes at the bust.

I sighed and put it on. Another frump day, I thought. Then I looked in the mirror.

The blouse no longer gaped at the bust. In fact, it fit perfectly.

Losing weight has been strange. When I look in the mirror undressed, I see very little difference. But my clothes tell a different story. My clothes say I AM 10 per cent lighter than I was 7 weeks ago.

16.5 lbs gone. 16.5 lbs to go.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Very nice!

I'll be home this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I think I have that same peek-a-boo shirt!

Congrats on the loss.