Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Having one of those weeks

somebody do something
anything soon
i know i can't be the only
whatever i am in the room
so why am i so lonely?
why am i so tired?
i need backup
i need company
i need to be inspired
-- "Face up and Sing", Ani De Franco

Sometimes I wish I knew just one other woman my age, in my town, who is doing what I'm doing and believes what I believe -- all of it, from the Catholic to the feminist.

I'm just having a tiring week, I think. I'm into week two of a seven-week separation from Hubby (he's on a course in Halifax). Baby gave me a scare last night -- turned out to be nothing, but it meant a trip to the hospital. And I have a pounding headache tonight.

OK, time to stop complaining and feeling homesick for Yellowknife, and just put the kids to bed.

By the way, some good news. The baby is a boy. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Luv you hon. It's not the same going to bed without your farts and N's pointy toes digging into me. Miss you!

C

Ni said...

Hahahahahahahahahaha,C's comment has cracked me up.I am just hooting here.

Cin said...

That's my hubby! Sigh.....