Thursday, October 08, 2009

Anyone want a faulty gall bladder?

If you do, you're more than free to help yourself to mine.

I had what was probably a gall stones attack two nights ago. Except for labour and miscarriage, it was the most painful experience of my life.

So now I am on an extreme low-fat diet. Nothing can enter my mouth with more than three grams of fat. Do you know how little fat that is? Two slices of bread have about a gram to two grams of fat. Half a chicken breast has about two grams. Bananas have about 4 grams.

I am seriously ticked off.

Bright side: this should help me lose weight

3 comments:

Megan said...

Wow. Good luck. Does that mean you're living on lots of salad and black coffee?

Word verification: "ration". I smiled.

Mongoose said...

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. How long do you have to be on that diet? Surely it's not forever?

Misty said...

i know how you feel - had to have emergency surgery to have mine removed in January due to gallstones.. Avoid onions and cauliflower as well and ask about buscapan - it relaxes your stomach - might help - but no promises :(
Feel better hun :)