Tuesday, November 27, 2007

PFO'd

I got a rejection letter today from one of the jobs for which I recently applied.

I didn't even get an interview. Eight years full-time reporting experience, one national award for health reportage, dozens of nationally broadcast stories ... but no interview for me.

And Mother Corp. isn't returning my phone calls on the other job.

I'm in the midst of applying to another employer. It has several job openings right now that look cool. If it won't hire me, I don't know what to do next.

I'm over-qualified for the retail and service jobs out there. The managers keep telling me that, or that they don't need part-timers in the evenings and on weekends. I can't afford to work for a low wage full-time; the cost of child care would be as much or more than I would make.

So all this hard work while raising three kids, and no one wants to hire me.

If you're looking for me, I'm outside in the garden eating worms. Harumph.

No comments: