Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Little I. gets water shy

I had to stand next to the side of the pool for Little I.'s swimming lesson today.

When he got in the water, his eyes darkened. He got out, climbed into my lap and said, "I want you, Momma."

I want you too, baby boy.

So I held Baby N. and stood next to the pool, occasionally rubbing his little back and hugging him when he cried.

He stayed in the water and finished the lesson. By the end he was giggling.

The lifeguard manager stood next to me throughout the lesson, watching the toddler class closely. She apologized the moment I entered the pool deck and said the instructor and lifeguard on duty last Thursday have been disciplined.

Now I must pretend I have confidence in the lifeguards. If not, Little I. might be afraid of the water for the rest of his life.

No comments: